About the Certass Skills Card >
The Certass Skills Card is only available to existing Certass members or companies joining the Certass Certification Scheme.
The Certass Skills Card is to evidence a site operative’s on-going competence and to ensure that they keep up to date with both industry practice and Building Regulations.
To be assessed against the Certass Skills Card requirements the site operative must >> Be a minimum age of 18 years or over. > Have worked in the relevant area being assessed against for 2 years out of the last 5 or hold a relevant NVQ.
NOTE: If the site operative does not meet the requirements above they will need to obtain a suitable structured learning plan or NVQ prior to MTC assessment.
The Certass Skills Card assessment is carried out in the following way >> A short knowledge assessment (40 question multiple choice quiz) is carried out online. You will be able to print your Knowledge certificate immediately upon successful completion. > An onsite observation of your work, including discussion with the assessor. > A telephone discussion with the assessor.
On successful completion of the Certass Skills Card assessment, you will be issued with >> A knowledge assessment certificate > A skills card
The cost per operative for Certass Continuum Skills Card is >
- The Certass Continuum card is annually renewable.
- Certass Continuum is a site operative charge option- not linked to a specific individual, the card is transferable at no extra cost following new site operative’s successful Skills Card assessment.
- To transfer the Continuum card to a new site operative the old card (for site operative who has left your company) must be returned to Certass.
- To transfer to your new site operative avoiding new registration fee, there must be a continuous DDM monthly payment in place with Certass.
- All site operatives must refresh their Building Regulations knowledge by undertaking a knowledge assessment and have their installation work observed at regular intervals.
- £100 + VAT ONE OFF^* registration per site operative
- £3.75 + VAT^* per month per site operative
- Free Photo ID Certass skills card
Certass Continuum Skills Card Benefits For Sole Traders A lower one-off registration fee followed by a low monthly fee which we’ll simply add on to your direct debit. No more large fees! For companies with several site operatives You pay a one-off registration fee for the number of qualified site operatives, followed by a low monthly fee per site operative. If one of your site operatives leaves the company and you hire a replacement , simply continue to pay the monthly fee, return the old site operatives card to us and we will not charge you another registration fee*. To protect your company’s compliance with us, we will carry out a new assessment on your new site operative at one of your installations. Already paid your MTC fee upfront? Don’t worry you can easily transfer to the Certass Continuum when your existing MTC card expires. *Certass reserves the right to charge a new registration fee if more than 15% churn of site operatives over a 5 year period.
^*Candidates not completing assessment within 12 months of assessment start may be subject to a £100+VAT assessment continuation fee.
Site Operative Competence Assessment >
Certification Schemes must ensure that each member company joining the Scheme can demonstrate they have enough technically competent staff to operate its business.
This can be evidenced either by:
- Recognised qualifications, supported by a Certass Mandatory Technical Competence assessment (MTC)
- Mandatory Technical Competence assessment for experienced workers without formal qualifications
Certass will ensure member company’s staff is competent by either:
- Checking the employees training records
- Undertaking an MTC assessment of the company’s site operatives
Competent Person Glazing Sector >
Required site operatives for the glazing sector:
- All surveyors in the member company
- Minimum 1 person from each fitting team in the member company
Cq-Assured Workmanship Scheme >
The Cq-Assured Scheme requires that all site supervisors are competent to supervise the work type certified including any ancillary works.
Glazing sector –
Charges for assessment of other providers qualifications
To ensure a standard quality across all site operatives registered with Certass we carry out audits of assessments carried out by other providers. The schedule below provides the charges and framework information:
Certification Body Equivalency Scheme
(where cards are current, on expiry a new Certass assessment will be required.)
Move to Certass Continuum at standard rates.
|Any other on-going assessment scheme or MTC providers||Move to Certass Continuum at standard rates.|
Multiple site operatives?
We have a range of special rates and initiatives More than 10 site operatives – call us to discuss volume discounts of up to 15% More than 50 site operatives – Call us to discuss our in-house assessment package. We train your internal training team to carry out assessment and carry out external quality assurance. Discounts up to 40%